Tuesday, September 12, 2017

My life with Scarlett - A Microcosm

The email thread below (again, start from the bottom and work your way up) is just a small sample of what I found myself dealing with far, far too often with Scarlett.  She wants help, help is offered but rebuffed.  But in the rebuffelment (if that's not a word it should be) I then somehow wind up the bad guy.  Because I tried to help.

The back story behind all this is a "book" that Scarlett wants to publish.  Not so much a book but a compilation of stories, poems, songs and real life experiences of hers.  She started thinking about this about 3 or 4 years ago and I'll let the emails take it from there.


________________________________________
From: Salty 
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 7:31 PM
To: Scarlett
Subject: Re: Nook book?

Mad?  No.  Frustrated at your tunnel vision concerning the requirement that it be some "christian" business?  Yes!  You have something you want to get out there.  And from what you seem to believe, God want's it out there as well.  Well....he put you in contact with someone 2 years ago who gave you, at least so it sounds to me, a very good place to get that accomplished.  And you wanted me to keep that information.  Which I did.  And I happened to stumble across it while you were casting about for help and answers.  But....they aren't christian.  Now how can you tell that?  I've seen the website.  I did not see any pentagrams, upside down crosses, supplications to satan....nor did I see any stars of david, right side up crosses, a crucified Jesus, biblical passages, nothing.  In fact, just the same things I do not see every time I walk into Vons, go to the gas station, walk into my dentist or doctor, go into Walmart, a movie theater, a department store, a pizza parlor, a fast food joint...nothing.  How do I know if those places are christian or not?  I don't and I don't care.  I can see where it makes sense for the church you choose to attend.  It would be quite the faux pas to walk into a Jewish temple with a copy of the New Testament singing Jesus' praises, or a mooslim whatever or stroll into an LDS church with your whiskey flask in your hand, yeah, those things you need to make sure you're where you're supposed to be.  But this?  Again, I see no real difference between what you want to do now and what you want to do when you go into Vons.
________________________________________
From: Scarlett 
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 4:34 PM
To: Salty 
Subject: Re: Nook book?

You sound very angry, Salty. I'm sorry if I got you angry. I know that you have had bad experiences with people who have called themselves Christians. Sorry as we are ALL flawed. I have a goal and I'd like others that are helping to have the same goal. That's important to me. I trust you and know you want to help me. Because I put perimeters around my needs, I guess upsets you. Do you know what you want, apart from all the money in the world and then some? Sorry for being sarcastic but I can't think of anything you've ever been so excited about except for money. What is you YOU want from life, Salty? Don't use the word money or finance or anything related and see if you can come up with something. I bet it will be difficult. So sorry you are having problems. I really am. I've got lots of people praying for you, and me. But mostly you.  
________________________________________
From: Salty 
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 4:26 PM
To: Scarlett
Subject: Re: Nook book?

Maybe God gave you the answer you would need 2 years ago.

Yes I'm still coming over tonight for a little bit.

So the only ones you will accept help from are self professed christians?  Then I guess you'll just have to wait until God throws you in front of one.

I've tried to help you Scarlett.  I tried to help your friend Dingbat yesterday as well.  Neither of you seem able to grasp the help that was being offered.  You want some *Christian* outfit and she wants *free* everything.  I can't help either one of you in the current endeavors.
________________________________________
From: Scarlett 
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 4:15 PM
To: Salty 
Subject: Re: Nook book?

Lovely. It's very important to me that my goal of reaching out in song and words is for the same important goal: to be on God's team. Whatever? My goal is not to get famous. It is to do God's work. He gave me talents He wants me to use. I am using them. He gave YOU gifts too. You are using them. I need your help with this, Salty. If you don't want to help me, just say so. 

You ARE still coming over this evening to be with Salty Dog, right? He hasn't been brushed or had any pampering in a while. Maybe if you brush him a bit, he'd like that. Also, your bike may need to have the tires filled or you'll be buying new ones. Up to you
________________________________________
From: Salty 
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 4:02 PM
To: Scarlett
Subject: Re: Nook book?

Then ask somebody at your church.  Or your Pastors Perspective.

It sounded to me like that outfit was just what you were looking for.  Why should you give a crap about what someone does or does not believe if they can help you achieve what it is you want to achieve?

Whatever.
________________________________________
From: Scarlett 
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 3:23 PM
To: Salty 
Subject: Re: Nook book?

This isn't a Christian place. I wanted something that caters to the Christian individual. 
________________________________________
From: Salty 
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:57 PM
To: Scarlett
Subject: Re: Nook book?

You would do well to look at, peruse and read what the company has to say on that website.
________________________________________
From: Scarlett 
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:12 PM
To: Salty 
Subject: Re: Nook book?

I need real help, Salty. Not just a name and a website. I am afraid it will get sent off and then I'll never see it again until someone else's name is on it.
________________________________________
From: Salty 
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 1:54 PM
To: Scarlett
Subject: Re: Nook book?

This was sent to you by Matt who I think was someone at the garden.  You'd been talking to him about this book idea of yours but didn't know what to do.  He got the name of his friends publisher, and the link to that was, and still is, attached below.  Click on that link and see what it has to say.
________________________________________
From: Scarlett 
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 8:30 AM
To: Salty 
Subject: Re: Nook book?

I have no idea what these people are talking about and whom
________________________________________
From: Salty 
Sent: Saturday, September 9, 2017 8:24 PM
To: Scarlett 
Subject: Fw: Nook book?

Here's an email you wanted me to hang onto for you.  I am forwarding it to you now so you can take a look at the website mentioned.  It might be what you're looking for now in regards to your book.
________________________________________
From: Scarlett 
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 12:26 PM
To: Salty
Subject: FW: Nook book?

please print this, don't throw it away! THis is my way of publishing stuff
________________________________________
From: mbecker
To: Scarlett
Subject: FW: Nook book?
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 18:54:34 +0000
 Hi Scarlett.  This just in from my office mate.  He, as you can see, is a pretty good guy.

Matt   
________________________________________
From: Mick
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 2:16 PM
To: Matthew Subject: Re: Nook book?

Hi Matt,

I don't know about the Nook. My friend has one and loves, but I'd recommend she go KDP (Kindle Direct Publish), and not aim for the Nook as Amazon is definitely the gorilla in the market at this time. My buddy reads stuff on Nook by using Kindle app.

Here's a link to my publisher: https://hold-fast-press.squarespace.com/#our-story 

If she has any more questions, feel free to give her my E-mail, and I'll try to help!
















1 comment: