Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Bunnies

Sometimes I find myself in awe of the ability of the PD's to keep going day after day after day.  Much like the Energizer bunny.  Only not as nice.

Scarlett has been on a mini rant the past couple of days focused on someone whom she believes is the source of all conflict.  Not just here and now but from day one.  Now, this is hardly the first of these battles that I've fought, though it wasn't until just a bit over a year ago that I was told "who" the problem was, why and what a SOB I was.

Wow.  Scarlett can remember something that didn't happen 30+ years ago yet has difficulty remembering where her keys, her purse, her glasses are...

Are my glasses in my purse?  Where's my purse? Did I leave it in the restaurant?  What restaurant did I go to?  Was that today or yesterday?  What day is it today?  Am I supposed to be somewhere now?  What was I looking for?  Oh yeah, my phone.  I think it's with my glasses.  Where are they?  Oh I know they're in my purse.  I think.  Where are my keys?  In the car?  Did I take the car somewhere?  Where did I go?  Oh yeah, a restaurant.  I think.  What did I have to eat?  Did I pay?  I'm getting hungry.  What's in the refrig?  Shoot, I'm out of _______ guess I better go to the store.  Let me just get my keys.  Hey!  Where are my keys?  Damn dog, it's all his fault.  Oh there's the remote.  I was looking for that.  Good.  Now I can watch some TV.  Wait.  Am I going somewhere?  Yeah.  A restaurant.  Meeting....who?  I forgot.  Well they probably forgot too and anyway they can always call me.  Where's my phone?  I just had it!!  Or was that in the restaurant?  SALTY!!!!!  Crap.  I kicked him out.  He's not even here and it's his fault.  Well his and that damn dog of his.  It's his fault too!  Bad dog!!  Get out.  Go.  Shoo shoo shoo.  How am I going to do this?  How dare he have friends in high school!!  Who keeps in touch with them anyway?  That's not what he was doing.  I know.  Intuition.  I should call him and give him a piece of my mind.  Yeah, that's what I should do!  Where's that phone?  Oh yeah, it's with my keys.  And I put my keys.....damnit dog I told you to get out!

And on it goes.

Anyway, Scarlett has it all figured out.  At least as far as she is concerned.  Except that is when she needs me to do something.  I think I'm detecting a pattern here, but I digress.

Salty dog had need of a vet appointment.  Now I don't mind taking him but these things usually work better for all involved when the person who has noticed and dealt with whatever the issue/problem is is in attendance.  Poor Scarlett.  She had this class to try and learn how to use her phone and it's not like those classes are held everyday (oh wait they are) and so Salty Dog and I went to see our favorite vet.  He knows the drill by now.  I show up with Salty Dog and then attempt to explain to him what Scarlett has tried to tell me.  And together we figure out that Scarlett is either a loon or has created the problem that Salty Dog is having pretty much by her....not neglect but thinking she knows better than the vet as to how often he should have certain meds.

Anyway, the point of all of this is simply that the PD's seem to have an ability to keep on keeping on while those of us who are nonPD's have to sit down every once in awhile and try and make sense of all the foolishness that we've been subjected to.

So if this particular post sounds a bit disjoint, that might be why.

No comments:

Post a Comment