Tuesday, October 3, 2017

NOYDB

Did you ever have one of those WTF did I do now moments?  Yeah, I didn't think I was alone here!

Spent some time at Fog Beach this past Saturday watching an airshow, playing with Salty Dog and examining Tara just to update my mental list of what I'll need to do when I finally reclaim the house.  Scarlett was gone when I first arrived but showed up in the afternoon.  Lately (past 3, 4 maybe a little more, weeks) she's been easier to deal with, MUCH easier as a matter of fact and Saturday was no exception.

Sunday I stuck around the campsite trying to unbury myself on work items, but did have one conversation with her, think it had something to do with Salty Dog but the point is that it was all a very normal, adult like conversation.

Then Monday rolled around.  Started out okay, Scarlett had a couple of requests of me that were easy enough to take care of, nothing big or onerous and I was happy to oblige.  She's trying to stay on the friendly side of me for her reasons and I'm trying to do the same for my own.  Nothing necessarily wrong or underhanded with that, it just is what it is.

Anyway, one of the things she needed required me to put the item in my car and take it over.  No problem.  I can play with Salty Dog while I'm there and there were some things in the garage that I needed.  So that's what I did.  Get over there, play with Salty Dog, exchange some fairly innocuous conversational banter with Scarlett and I then prepare to leave.

For reasons only Scarlett would know, she choose that moment to try and start a very different conversation.  

Are you dating anyone? 

Huh?  No.

Are you talking to anyone?

Not today.......

Are you talking to her?  You're talking to her again aren't you?  God, I don't care who you talk to, just not her!  She's a bad seed!  She will destroy you!  Don't talk to her!  Do you hear me? Don't talk to her!!

Uh, yeah.  And why is any of that your business?

Well I'll just take that as a yes.

You should take it as a "why is that any of your business" but whatever.  Thanks for the heads up.  Duly noted.

She destroyed her first two marriages.  She ruined ours!  She will destroy you.


Now, at this point I really wanted to point out that the only person who "ruined our marriage" was the person I was standing in front of, looking at and listening to.  

However, I've been down that road before.  Trust me, it leads nowhere.  

So I again said thanks for the heads up, I'll take that into consideration.

Friends help friends like this!

If you say so (and I started again for my car)

Scarlett called me twice shortly after I'd left.  The first call she hung up due to some phone issues but on the second call she reiterated her belief that I should not talk to "her".  I'll be destroyed (really, like life with you hasn't done any damage to me whatsoever...), she's a bad seed (something tells me the sermon she listened to on Sunday had that as a bullet point), she's destroyed two marriages (now that point is factually inaccurate but Scarlett states it as though she were there and knows all the details...when in fact she knows absolutely nothing).  Anyway, she went on pretty much repeating herself.  I finally decided that Scarlett had a good point.  I shouldn't talk to her.  So I hung up.


And so far Scarlett has been silent.  But I have a hunch an eruption is building up.

No comments:

Post a Comment