Tuesday, January 2, 2018

200+ messages and counting

So.  In theory I went dark on Scarlett the day after Christmas.  In theory.  Phone is blocked and I thought email was as well.  But through her stupid smart phone she is able to send messages to my email.  Since Sunday I have been fortunate enough to receive over 200.  Likely over 300 by the time I am finished with this particular post.

I've probably responded to no more than a dozen of these which some would say just feed her desire to continue the onslaught.  I don't believe so.  She has something to say and damn if I am not entitled and required to know what that is.

Scarlett talked to her attorney today and was told that the deal I took off the table back in mid December was in fact off the table.  I've told her this, to her face at least twice, over email at least once and on the phone once or twice.  Yet today she is shocked and surprised at this news.  And that's what the nearly 100 messages/emails over the past, not quite 2 hours, have all been about.

She is trying every tactic in the book to get me to renege on my withdrawal.  Guilt, living with myself, ruining her financially and emotionally, bills she cannot pay, a move that must now be delayed (with horrific consequences that I will bear the blame for in her telling), being mean, going against God, the Golden Rule...and it just goes on and on and on and on and on.

I have been sorely tempted to respond to some of the more outrageous statements, the absolute denial of known and established facts but I don't believe now is the time nor the place for these rebuttals.  One of her threats is to take this matter into court and lay it before a judge.  That, to me, would be the best time and place for any and all rebuttals I have concerning her lies and half truths.

But in the meantime, I just continue to receive, read and store the latest vitriol from her.  She even went so far as to say that we should get back together.  I should just come home if I'm not going to resurrect the overly generous offer I made and subsequently removed last month.  Who thinks like that?

For the time being, Scarlett seems to have exhausted herself or perhaps because she has failed to get any response, let alone a rise, out of me, she has moved on to other things.  For awhile.

Happy new year indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment