Thursday, January 18, 2018

It Must Be The Postman's Fault

Here's an email exchange I had today with my attorney (Legal Beagle) concerning a Visa bill that Scarlett received in the mail yesterday.  A bill from her own, sole and separate, 100% hers, nothing at all to do with me, Visa.

From: Legal Beagle 

To: Salty Fog

Subject: FW: Marriage of Fog

 I am in trial next week. What are your thoughts on his Visa bill comment.

Legal Beagle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Her Attorney  

To: Legal Beagle 

Subject: Marriage of Fog

 Hello Legal.

     1.  Are you available to meet on Jan. 30th at 1:30?

     2.  Scarlett is telling me that she is in a real financial bind and cannot pay her Visa bill, etc.  Can you talk to Salty about possibly advancing her some $ towards the settlement?


Her Attorney
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Salty Fog 
To: Legal Beagle  
Subject: Re: Marriage of Fog

Yeah, I saw that Visa bill yesterday.  I was at the house to pick up Salty Dog and take him off her hands for a little bit.  I brought her mail in and that was one of the items.  She opened it and started moaning and groaning "I can't pay this, I can't pay this...."

I said "well, you shouldn't have charged it all then" to which she replied, "I needed all this stuff" and started running her finger down the list of charges calling out groceries, gas, prescriptions etc.  I was following her finger with my eyes and saw a charge to Men's Wearhouse....for $1,256 and change.  So I asked her what it was that she "needed" at Men's Wearhouse.  With that she pulled the bill to her chest, gave me a dirty, sour look and folded it back up to put in the envelope in which it came.  At that point I told her I thought I'd just leave Salty Dog there and left.

Here's the deal.  At the start of this she had $XX,000 in a checking account, $X,000 in cash and a Visa card of mine that I allowed her to keep and use.  In the 20 months that this horseshit has been going on she has managed to piss away virtually all of that $XX,000 that she had sole control over, she also charged close to $XX,000 on that card of mine, that I paid, plus I paid for all the utilities, auto insurance, homeowners insurance, umbrella insurance, medical insurance, property taxes, the vast majority of her medical bills whether from her charging a co-pay on the card or me paying any and all balance due bills that came.  She charged a cruise that I paid for, dance lessons and dance shoes that I paid for, 2 round trip tickets to XX that I paid for, a bed in XX at her daughters house that I paid for, she took friends out to eat on my dime, she bought thousands of dollars worth of clothes that I paid for.  Groceries, gas etc.

Now, some of those expenses are legitimate and that's fine.  But there is a whole bunch of them that are nothing but pure crap.  And don't forget that she also saw fit to give away $XX,000 of it to her daughter ($X,000), her son ($X,000) and her brother ($X,000).

I told her quite a few times that she better slow it down.  But, she did exactly what I was afraid she would do if she ever found herself in control of any large sum of money - she pissed it all away.  I can't tell you how much time I spent, prior to this divorce thing, trying to figure out who I could appoint as her financial manager in the event that I died before her.  My greatest fear was that she would blow through the money like Sherman through Atlanta and then wonder just what the hell happened.

Circling back to this Men's Wearhouse charge, I have a pretty damn good idea what that was about.  One of her "boyfriends", a guy named Pecker....is pretty much a loser.  He's 47, no car, no drivers license (it was revoked due to alcohol), lives in an apartment somewhere and rides the bus.  I have a pretty strong hunch that $1,256 of suits, shoes, belts, shirts, ties are now in his possession.  This is the same guy who I found at my house back in December 2 days after our settlement meeting.  And the only reason I was over there was because Scarlett had called and left two messages telling me she was at Emergency.  So I went over to the house to see how she was doing and there she was, lounging on the couch, Pecker doing some dishes and she proceeds to tell me that he is her "boyfriend".  I also discovered a blood stained mattress from her hemorrhaging after they'd had what I imagine was some rather rough sex.  And that's what led to another 911 call and her sorry ass being taken to emergency.

So to recap - she pisses through in 20 months what some families live on in a year without paying any of the normal and usual bills associated with said living (utilities, insurance etc), gives $XX,000 away, decides she should go on a cruise (that I get to pay for), was flipping $20's into her church's collection plate/bag whatever for months at a time, treats who knows how many people to lunches and dinners on me, brings strange men into my house AFTER ordering me to NOT bring any women to my house because that would humiliate her with the neighbors, and she decides that it's perfectly fine to buy some loser with a big out of control schlong $1,256 worth of clothing....and her attorney wants to know if I want to advance her some $ towards the settlement?

She wouldn't need it if she could practice some self control.  If she didn't act like a god damn teenager.  If she behaved in a reasonable manner befitting the 60 year old woman that she is.  If she had just once stopped to think about just what the hell she was doing.  Instead she wants to spend, spend, spend, then tell me that I am trying to make her poor, this is all my fault, I am the one to blame, she was a perfect wife, a godly woman blah blah blah.

She also has a second boyfriend.  Don't know his name, I just call him Mr. Mercedes.  Has a house in Palm Springs, Riverside and Cabo I believe.  He's 63 or so.  Maybe he'd like to advance some money to Scarlett so she can make good on a Visa bill that contains a charge for her other boyfriend.  Oh, and it was Mr. Mercedes spending a night or two at my house that led her to call the police and threaten me with a restraining order when I saw his car in my driveway and asked her who her houseguest was.

I realize that this is somewhat rambling, but THIS is the best I can do as a summary of what I have been putting up with and dealing with from her since this all began.  She's out of money?  Not my doing.  Not by a longshot.  She's 60 fucking years old and it's high fucking time that she took some goddamn responsibility for her goddamn life.  She can piss off.
______________________________________
From: Legal Beagle 

To: Salty Fog

Subject: Re:Marriage of Fog 

Got it. I will ask him to send me a copy of the bill. That will probably squash it.

Legal Beagle




1 comment:

  1. Damn Buddy I am so proud of you right now.

    Loved the lawyers response to your letter.

    I kept thinking through the reading of this post "Damn he has balls and there is hope after all."

    Keep up the good work. No retreat, no surrender.

    ReplyDelete