Friday, December 8, 2017

I hate this phone!

Having a few fires around us lately and as a result of one, Scarlett's family needed to evacuate and take shelter at Tara.  This has happened before so it's not something entirely new.

Earlier this year, to get the attention of some guy at church, Scarlett gave away a spare bed that we'd had.  She now regrets that hasty, ill thought out decision.  We also used to have an air mattress.  That too she gave away years ago.  So that leaves sleeping bags which I had placed out of sight and out of reach.

So she calls me with the news of her impending guests and wants to know if there are any sleeping bags here at my campsite.  No, there are not, but there are two there at Tara.  After arguing with me I just tell her to go look where I described putting them.  And she found them.

The city has also been doing some street work and in so doing they destroyed a portion of some irrigation lines of mine at Tara.  So today I called the city and asked if they would be replacing them.  Well, they need to send some dufus out to inspect the damage.  Fine.  Gave them the address, phone number as well as my number.  Afterwards I called Scarlett to give her some heads up.

Instead of answering her phone (her "smart phone" that she just had to have to make her life easier and better) with the standards Hello?, she instead answers with What do you want? in a rather irritated voice.  For crying out loud, her company hasn't been there 24 hours yet, they are HER family, and she's already in a pissy mood?  Fine.  Sadly that's just another thing I'm far too used to with her.  She also has me on speakerphone.  Something I really hate but no biggie right now.  So I tell her why I'm calling.  She gets even more irritated telling me SHE has things she has to do today.  So I explain that no one will be out to Tara today, likely next week.  Oh.  Okay then.

She then tried to do something with her phone.  I have no idea what but whatever it was she couldn't quite figure it out.  I HATE THIS PHONE!!! she says.  Guess somehow that must be my fault even though I tried to talk her out of getting the stupid thing to begin with.  Anyway, she finally gives up on the phone and returns to the topic at hand.  "Whatever" she says.  They can come out or not.  I don't care.  Not my house.

My assumption here is that she was trying to impress her audience with how forceful and independent she is.  I suspect what she managed to do instead was to help her family understand even more why I am gone and not returning.  Way to go Scarlett.

Anyway, after she said that I just said goodbye and hung up.  But then I got thinking.  If she believes that is NOT her house then perhaps I should call back and tell her to get her and her evacuated guests off my property.

Sometimes, well most of the time, it's just way too easy with Scarlett.

I wonder if the fire was my fault too?  Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment