Monday, December 18, 2017

Frequent Flyers

Been a little quiet since Friday but Scarlett has this way of just not leaving well enough alone.

Saturday I was the lucky recipient of yet one more desperate try/plea to get me to reconsider some sort of reconciliation.  Given all that she has done and said I think it's fair to say that what she's asking is not really a request that I reconsider but rather that I erase from memory  everything she has seen fit to do these past 19 months.

For the life of me I can't figure out why, even in her distorted mind, she would think that would have a snowball's chance in hell of happening.  My best guess is that it has to do with $$$ that I know she is getting tighter and tighter on.  Unfortunately for her I am long past the point of giving a tinker's damn.  She made a lot of very bad and short sighted monetary decisions that are now all coming home to roost.  And Salty has removed his safety net so she has nowhere to fall but flat on her face or her ass.

And her dating decisions of late have been equally disastrous.  Not sure where Pecker stands on her list of priorities at the moment because she is now investigating bachelor #3.
The reference to the old Dating Game show is not accidental.  Bachelor #3 hails from an area approximately 3 hours driving from Tara.  Texting has been the mode of communication I am led to believe up until today.  Arnie, as I will call him (mind if I call you Arnie, Arnie?  You can call me relieved), has already professed his love for Scarlett sight unseen.  And he came to Tara today for a morning date.

There is something really odd about someone who claims to "love you" before they have even seen you (though I grant that the blind can and do fall in love) and claim a willingness to follow you wherever you go.  Scarlett's plan to move 3,000 miles away was apparently a topic of conversation which didn't seem to faze Arnie one bit.

Stalker comes to mind.  As does unbalanced.  Odd.  Psychotic.

Anyway, having some idea now of what Scarlett likes to do on first dates I wondered what she could possibly do today.  Her trip to the ER last week has, to use a baseball term, put her on the "bench" for at least 6 weeks.  Now what?  Movies?  Lunch?  Dinner?  Walks?  Hardly what someone with the sex drive of a 17 year old boy (her words not mine) really wants to do or finds enjoyable.

Perhaps this is something that shouldn't be made light of but the other thing I discovered is that while Scarlett believes that God is probably not too pleased with her behavior of late, her attitude is that He understands.  And if He doesn't, well that's just too bad for Him because she's going to continue to do it anyway.  God can either like it or lump it.

Not sure which sect of Christianity that belief arises from.

But, if she intends on following through with this game plan, for her sake I can only hope that the hospital has a Frequent F**ker plan she can enroll in.


No comments:

Post a Comment