Thursday, August 31, 2017

Chicken

So Scarlett had a chicken she wanted to BBQ today.  I agreed to go over put it on the grill and I suspected talk about condo's, money and whatever else might be on her mind.  I left Tara very quickly yesterday when the conversation made a wrong turn into community property law.  Another item I have been desperately trying to educate her on.  Suffice to say that regardless of facts, Scarlett just KNOWS what she is owed and the hell with anyone who says different.

Rather than argue (since she won't listen anyway) I left.  That was followed later in the evening with an email that simply said I don't want to fight with you.

So on that basis I returned to Fog Beach and Tara today.  Will I ever learn?

Got the chicken prepped and on the grill, played with Salty Dog then repaired into the garage to cool off and make sure Salty Dog got himself some water.

While we were there, out walks Scarlett.  What are you doing in here she wanted to know.  Just cooling off for a bit.  And then it started.

Did you see any of my emails on the condos she inquired.

Yes I did.  I responded to one of them yesterday.

Did you see the one today?

Yep.

Can I afford that?

I don't know.  What is your realtor doing?  She can figure out a down payment and the monthly payment on the balance (plus HOA fees) just as easy as I can.

Well she doesn't know how much money I'll be getting.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?  I don't know what you'll be getting either though I think we both have a rough idea.

Well, can I afford it?

I don't know.  Just roughing it out in my head tells me you'd be looking at $x,xxx.00 per month just for housing.  A little steep unless you're getting additional help from other quarters.

Well, I'm used to living like this (glances around the garage and does a sweeping motion with her hand)

Well, so am I.  So what?

Why should I be the one who has to live in a dump?  I didn't do anything!!

No.  You didn't do anything except over react and not control your impluses.

My impulses???

Yes.  Your impluses.

I'm entitled to live in the manner to which I've become accustomed..........................

And on that note I rose from my chair, went back into the house, retrieved my belongings, walked back out to the garage, told Salty Dog I'd see him later and left.

That chicken is probably still on the grill a nice black hard mess.  

2 comments:

  1. Go Salty! Now you're getting it! I think we are right in that she doesn't want to do thinking and all that hard stuff, but I am also starting to believe that is just isn't as smart as I thought she was? It could be that even if she buckled down to think and budget, she may not have the slightest idea how to figure it all out. Hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I mean to say is.... starting to believe that SHE isn't as smart....blah blah.

    ReplyDelete