Thursday, August 31, 2017

Too many questions

Unbelievable.  Just unbelievable.

Scarlett, who is now feeling quite strong and in control (how and why only God knows) is now telling me that she will be keeping the house.  In her words, she knows how to play hardball too.

Hardball?  Because I walked away from a chicken on a bbq?  Because I didn't leave detailed instructions on how to turn off said bbq?  Because in answer to her plaintive phone call about how to turn off the bbq I replied "turn the left two knobs so they are in the same position as the right ones" because of that?

Can't be much of anything else.  

Who knew you needed a gas bbq to play hardball?  I wonder if Major League Baseball is aware of this?  Imagine what this could do to the records of Babe Ruth.  Hank Aaron.  Willie Mays.  Don Drysdale.  Sandy Kofax,  Don Sutton.  Why didn't I ever hear about this from Vin Scully????  Why has this been kept a secret????  I wonder if tailgate parties may hold a clue to the answer???

Damn.  Too many questions and not enough answers!

So apparently I'm playing hardball.  Somehow.  Didn't even know it.  But bless her for pointing that out.  So yeah, she's going to keep the house.  So saith Scarlett.  I have no idea how this will be accomplished on her part.  Maybe something along the lines of the Immaculate Escrow?  Was there a bright star I missed somewhere heralding this arrival?  What about the three wise men?  Where are they.  Could they be Manny, Moe and Jack or Moe, Larry and Curly?  What are they bearing as gifts?

The mind reels with all these questions!

Anyway, she knows how to play hardball too.  Good.  I hate playing with myself  by myself.  Always more fun when others join in.  Hardball's a team sport anyway.

And I was also informed she knows exactly what is going on and I should be ashamed of myself for it.  According to Scarlett I am trying desperately to  prevent her from getting her half of what is rightfully hers.  And that makes her sad.  And my anger stems from my knowledge that I know that she knows that this is what I'm up to.  Got it?  Yeah, took me a little while too.

Funny.  All this time I thought my anger was due in no small part to the manner in which I had been treated, spoken to, the actions that had been taken against me, the nonsense I'd been expected to put up with, accept, excuse and forgive.  Nope.  Now I know it's all due to my trying to cheat her out of something that wasn't hers to begin with.  What a cruel evil monster I am.

Buffalo Springfield has a very well known song called For What It's Worth.  One of the stanzas from that song goes like this:


Paranoia strikes deep

Into your life it will creep

It starts when you're always afraid

You step out of line, the man come and take you away



My final question here is simply this - Where is this man and when is he planning on taking her away?

1 comment:

  1. Good one. See you had no idea why you were a bastard. Now you know. Hardball is a new one. She must have talked to someone who thought you were playing hardball.
    I am thinking Scarlett should be looking for a J_O_B. Usually people that are cocky have a job.
    I still have not heard a peep from her in the last few days, so that is when I know she has been being non-Christian.

    ReplyDelete