Thursday, August 10, 2017

Double Header

Had that last meeting with Irving yesterday and I honestly believe he has a good idea of what I was going though with Scarlett for the past ?? years.  No discussion of trying to "fix" the marriage, no lectures on how people should not live alone, though in truth they never were lectures.  More like an opinion backed up by some research.  In any event, my time with Irving is now done while I hope that Scarlett's continues.

Also met up with the Shah yesterday evening.  Yep, it was a double header for Salty!

I did have the pleasure of one phone call from Scarlett last night once the Shah and I were done.  I so look forward to those calls.  Not.  Anyway, as usual it all started out innocently enough but eventually took the turn they usual do.

Scarlett is very worried and concerned about what her financial health will look like once the big D occurs.  I've done what I can to assure her that she will be fine, short of making promises that my attorney would have me drawn and quartered for.  The main problem as I see it is that she really doesn't know an awful lot when the subject is any of the following:

1. Money (saving and investing - spending she's a pro at)
2. Budgeting
3. Prioritizing
4. Delayed Gratification
5. Self Denial
6. What an "asset" is (other than a chair)
7. Why conserving #6 is wise and helpful
8. Thinking ahead

She has a severe problem when it comes to impulse control which pretty much explains most of the things in that list above.  Nevertheless, she is an adult.  But that's another story.

I did speak with my attorney today and he had received a call from Scarlett's that he had not yet returned.  I let him know that this thing is back on, Scarlett would like it done quickly but that I had also told her that it will go at it's own pace.  The main question from her side seemed to revolve around Tara at Fog Beach and whether Salty here was interested in buying her out or just list it for sale.

Why that is a question baffles me.  My stance on that with Scarlett has not wavered one iota since sometime last year.  Of course I am going to buy her out.  Nobody, and I do mean nobody is going to take Tara (which will be renamed) away from Salty.

Anyway, back to that phone call.  Tangents are so easy to get side tracked on.  Scarlett was concerned that I might not be "fair" during this process.  Despite all that I have done and just as importantly, not done, since I was unceremoniously invited to leave Fog Beach, she still has doubts.  It's like she thinks I'm her....

I did learn however that her definition of "fair" means that I am obligated to share with her things that are not and never were hers to begin with.  Why doesn't that seem "fair" to me?  Probably just another one of those mysteries of the universe....Anyway, when I objected and tried to explain the difference between community property and sole and separate property, as I have done countless times in the past, she got a wee bit peeved and expressed her peeveeness (that should be a word) by hanging up before I was able to finish a sentence.

Yeah, I know, I hear ya.  Why does THAT surprise me?  Seems like no matter how much rude, uncalled for behavior I experience, it always surprises me that someone, especially someone as advanced in years as Scarlett is, can actually act that way.  My bad I guess.  Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment