Saturday, August 12, 2017

We need to talk

So I went over to Fog Beach this afternoon to pick up Salty Dog and keep him overnight at the campsite.  Scarlett told me ahead of time that when I got there she wanted to talk about something.

Everything comes with a price.

Didn't have any clue what the subject would be.  I'm never told these things in advance.  Element of surprise I imagine she wants in her favor.  C'est la vie.

Does she want to talk about something that her and Irving went over today?  Her financial situation?  Halting the divorce?  The house?  Alimony?  Maybe she has an updated list of demands?  

Well it was the house.  Sort of.  She doesn't want me to be sad and she fears that if I lived in that house I would be sad and depressed.  In essence I told her I'd take that chance because if I bought her out a number of things, all good, would happen:

1. I don't have to concern myself with emptying a garage let alone the remainder of my belongings at sale
2. Scout keeps his house and home
3. She need not be in a rush to a) find another place or b) move all her stuff out at sale

In other words, rather than being pressed for time, we can each take our time.

Nothing I haven't said before but for whatever reason I've never gotten used to the fact that I need to repeat myself with her.  So, the conversation is done and Salty Dog and I can go off to the campsite.

Except that it wasn't done.

Now she wanted to know what happened.  Why are we getting a divorce?  And so I start where I always have with this discussion, when someone tells me they are getting a divorce and back that statement up with numerous actions, I tend to believe them.  And I was about to continue when Scarlett interrupts "you always say that.  I want to know what happened before that."

So, I begin where I've always began on that discussion.  Yeah, I've been through a few of these.  I can't pinpoint the precise date but my best guess is that in 2008 when your daughter was going into the service - ------ Oop's, my bad, that was NOT what Scarlett wanted to hear.  And she told me that in essence.

Okay.  So I told her then why don't you just tell me what you want to hear and that's what I'll say.

No.  If you don't want to tell me, I'm not going to pull it out of you.

Pull what out of me?

What you don't want to tell me.

What don't I want to tell you?

I'm not going to tell you if you don't want to tell me.  You'll tell me when you're ready to tell me.

Okay then.  Is Salty Dog ready to go?

And so the conversation ended.  What is it that Scarlett wants me to tell her?  What is it that she is waiting to hear when I'm ready?  I already know the answer to that one and it revolves around some purported DVD and her belief that she is some sort of female goddess that every STRAIGHT man who sees her wants to immediately get to know her in the biblical way.

Irving has his work cut out for him.  You start peeling back the layers of Scarlett's onion and it seems you run across one phallic symbol after another. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, as far as I can see, your being outed seems to have halted the "you belong here, come home, your dog needs you, I need you, say you love me, where are you sleeping, I don't want to die alone, I don't want to eat alone, wanna go for a bike ride, I want to travel, I want more money, etc. By now, she would normally be luring you back. So, see? It's good to be a pervert.

    ReplyDelete