Saturday, October 21, 2017

Wash Day

And while I'm on the subject of Cluster B's.....

Salty Dog was in need of a bath yesterday.  So off to Tara I went to help Scarlett do the deed.  I wouldn't subject myself to this for just anybody but Salty Dog is worth it.

So I get over there and while we're sudsing him down Scarlett mentions that she's lost 40 pounds.  Bully for you I thought.  And she further informs me that it's been awhile since I saw her in shorts.  Quite true.  Not anything I really missed.  I didn't say that last part, no point in poking the bear as it were.

However, I apparently was not forthcoming with what she wanted to hear.  Wow.  Imagine that.  So Scarlett fires up the narcissist in her and states - "don't I look good" which was more in the form of a question.  I kept sudsing Salty Dog and stayed silent.  That whole if you can't say something nice thing was going through my head.  Undaunted, Scarlett then says "just say yes.  Yes you look good dear".

How many times have I played this stupid game?  I don't give her the comment or compliment that she's after so she feeds it to me and expects me to parrot it back.  Then later she'll use what I said (at her command) as some sort of proof that I really feel that way, think it's true, whatever.

So I mumble something that she takes as a yes.  Having accomplished that she then changes subjects to how this ongoing divorce is affecting her.  Limbo, emotionally draining, hurtful, she needs this, I have to give her that, don't I know that blah blah blah.  Seriously, it's like I'm watching the Scarlett Show.  It's all about her.  Her needs, her wants, her demands, her emotions, her troubles, her life, her wellbeing, her health, her, her, her.

And who do you suppose she expects to take care of each and everyone of these items?  I shake my head in disgust, wonderment, sadness, anger, angst and...did I mention disgust?

At least Salty Dog got a good bath out of it.  He had a good time with all the attention.

And THAT was the most important thing yesterday.


1 comment:

  1. Wowie. I read two new ones tonight. I am still going to call you to elaborate on yesterday. I suspect it will be about Scarlett in shorts. Now it is very nice that she lost 40 pounds and I am WAY on the other side of 60, but there is nothing appealing about 60 year old thighs. No matter what you do.
    I believe she was showing you just what you were giving up by leaving her. She is a very desirable woman don't forget. And it will all be for someone else if you dump her.
    I have heard how she does you. "Tell me you love me." "Tell me I am beautiful. Say it." "Tell me I am your queen." AGH, spit, gag.

    ReplyDelete