Friday, July 28, 2017

Neighbors

Well today just seems to get better and better.  Can't wait for the sun to go down....

This morning she's all peaches and cream as though her hour long tirade directed at me didn't happen.  I really don't know how to react anymore.  Just go with it?  Or remind her of the previous night?  Someone once said there are two ways to handle a woman and neither of them work.

Sounds about right to me.

So she's all happy, says she's going to "love me back", I'm guessing in between in arguments and calling me cruel et.al and goes merrily off to the gym.  I have no idea when she got back but I was busying myself outside.  Anyway, time goes on, my buddy wants to play and then go out to the front yard to see what's happening there.  While we're out, our neighbor across the street drives up and she and I start talking.  They'd just recently gotten back from Maui and having been there myself we started comparing notes.

Scarlett walks out (this is the neighbor who wouldn't take her shit the other day) and then walks back in the house.  About 10 minutes later Scarlett comes back out, scolds my buddy telling him to GET IN THE HOUSE!  Poor guy wasn't doing anything.  So I'm asked by the neighbor, what's her problem?  Now that's an easy one!  I'm standing out here talking to you and enjoying the conversation, that's her problem.  The neighbor begins to apologize for getting me in trouble and I just say, no, no apology required.  Scarlett's the one with the personality disorder, not you or me.

I eventually come back in the house, go up to my office, and sure enough Scarlett shows up at my door.

"I just don't understand"

Understand what?

You can talk to our neighbors and have a good time but you can't talk to your wife.

And with that she retreats downstairs where she is still.

Really?  You don't understand how I could enjoy talking to someone who has not done all the things you've done me?  And you think I should have no issue, no concern, no caution when talking to you?

I think I need to go downstairs and get tonight's argument started.

3 comments:


  1. Go, man. Dive right in. You have got to speed this thing up...taking way to long. "Love you back." I love it. And it has worked out so well so far. Insane, insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That previously mentioned black stallion has a full belly (as I'm sure you've had a belly full) and is seriously awaiting a chance to go visit a small town nestled at the base of Nounou to pick up some yettobeunpacked packages. The stallion hears its buddy the ol' Mustang guy is there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *shakes head* *looks both ways before crossing this street* *ZOOM!* *Damn where did that bi--h come from?* *Decides it isn't worth crossing the street today and goes back in the house*

    ReplyDelete