Friday, July 28, 2017

Push - Pull II

As if my session with the Shah wasn't enough for the day, I then returned to Fog Beach. We'd last seen each other earlier in the day when she attempted to make some arguments out of things that just didn't rise to that level.  A dogs dinner time, her going to the Fair. Seriously, who makes arguments out of those things?

I stopped at a nearby market and called to see if Scarlett needed anything.  My purpose was mainly to gauge her current mood so that I could prepare myself accordingly.  She seemed to be in a good mood.  She asked about my meeting with the Shah and I said I might tell her later.  My thinking was that she'd hear the relevant points on Saturday.  But I forgot about her ability to hear one thing and remember it differently.

After I got back and got a few things accomplished I took my seat in the living room to read and study and write.  She walks in and is all ready for me to tell her about my meeting.

You said you'd tell me later tonight.

No I didn't.  I said I might tell you later.

Well, same thing.

No it is not the same thing and you know it.

Stop me if you've heard this before....and we were off (told you to tell me....)

This one wasn't quite as bad as some of the previous ones.  This monologue was only about an hour in length.  But what it lacked in length it more than made up for in quantity.

Truthfully, no new ground was covered just a re-runs of the same old shit.

Not the man she married, angry, forgiveness and humility, the Fair, blah blah blah.

Y'all probably get just as tired of reading it as I do writing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment