Friday, July 7, 2017

Push/Pull/Shove

So where was I? Oh yeah.  The rants and raves of Scarlett.  Always a fun time.  Well lets see, what was it I said or did not say, did or did not do last night (and I suppose for the entirety of my life with this shrew) that caused her to become Mt. St. Helens again?  In truth and reality, nothing.  No crime committed.  However as I have so painful learned over the years, no crime, no wrong, no slight need be committed.  Just the merest whisper of one will do and if no whisper is available, she is well adept at making one up. 

So, in no particular order here were her "topics" for last night:

I (Saltyfog) want to be in control and to put Scarlett completely under my thumb.  This was demonstrated by taking one of my books, throwing it on the floor and her rubbing her heel into it.

I am my father.  That is a recurring theme that has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

I have NEVER cared nor supported her in ANYTHING she has ever done or wanted to do.  This is demonstrably false, at least in the real world where I am living.  Hers?  Anything goes and it can change on a whim.

My statement that this marriage is not a partnership of equals (some weeks back) is the equivalent of me calling her worthless and valueless.  Two words that I have never uttered to or about her, have never implied and would never imply.  But for her to admit that would not be in keeping with her narrative.

I am told I said that when I came back I would not be on the computer as much.  In fact, my statement was the polar opposite.  Due to her excessive spending my time spent trying to make this money back has by necessity increased.  I pointed that out to Scarlett last night to which she said, in essence, that she was not sorry in the least.  She "had fun and enjoyed" herself.  Well how nice I replied.  It will be years before I will be able to get that same fun and enjoyment out of what you spent.

BTW - all of this was occurring at a very loud decibel level....

At one point I just said to her (when she paused long enough to inhale) that I was done talking to her, she was irrational and one of my primary rules is to never engage an irrational person in conversation.

I left the room but within 5 minutes she was standing in the room to which I had retired and continued to harangue, insult, belittle and generally tell me in great detail her complete and total disgust for the person known as Saltyfog.  I offered no rebuttals so as not to prolong my undeserved suffering.

Finally, somewhere around 1:30am Scarlett ran out of steam and went to bed.  I on the other hand remained in my room, thinking about all she had said, separating out truth from fiction, trying to see if perhaps she had any good points and at the end of that determined that she was quite and well insane.

Today?  While she does not deny the, I estimate, three hours worth of "conversation" last night, she does, not surprisingly, recall it in a very different light.  Something akin to Klieg lights and candle light....

9 comments:

  1. She called today and I got an entirely different sensible, calm and intelligent version. The result? You are an ass. That pretty well sums it up.
    The points she brought up sounded like a happy informative chat. Unbelievable.
    Off point, is Doug okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one you refer to as "Doug" is doing well. Though he adds such joy and frivolity to the hospital surroundings that they asked him to stay again tonight. He graciously accepted their most kind offer =) Tomorrow however, they will tire of him and he of them and back to his castle he will go.

      Delete
    2. Oh dear, I forgot the names. Could you refresh me on Mother and Father's names? And what does hinges mean????

      Delete
    3. Hinges - something to a door

      Delete
    4. Black stallion is in need of a bath, but is in his stall and ready for action, and you know where the keys to the barn are... I will be in Eugene til Saturday.

      Delete
    5. and sadly I believe I will be at Tara until at least then =(

      Delete
    6. Do what you need to do when you need to do it. Just hurry. Kidding... how's the sick friend doing?

      Delete
    7. Sick friend is home and feeling, looking and sounding better each day!

      Delete
  2. I'm so so very glad to hear that!

    ReplyDelete